Thursday, July 23, 2009

David Allan Coe The Mysterious Rhinestone Cowboy


Nudie didn't mind sharing his Rhinestone Cowboy or Rock Star status, and he was more than happy to promote David Allan Coe's chosen title "The Mysterious Rhinestone Cowboy" through amazing clothing.

Sometimes I look at Nudie pieces, and I just think "How the Hell did he do it?" How did he cover entire hats, jackets, boots, and even saddles in rhinestones? It isn't easy, and it isn't cheap. I've set a lot of rhinestones in my day, but even with all my experience I can't begin to match the sheer amount and craftmanship of Nudie's setters.

So check out this vintage video of David Allan Coe singing "the River" in prison, the song is great, the outfit is pure Nudie, and the combination is a knockout.

No comments:

Post a Comment